Diwali is around the corner and people are gearing up to celebrate this auspicious festival in full spirit. People decorate their houses with lights & candles, share sweets and enjoy with their loved ones. Diwali also means shopping and giving gifts to all the people you love. However, spending hard cash can be difficult at one go. Instead, you can use credit cards to buy gifts for your family and friends. You can also convert the payments into EMIs so that while paying back you do not have to face any financial crunch. There are several credit cards that are designed for shopping purposes. You can earn huge reward points and cash-backs too!
Here are top credit cards that you can apply for your Diwali shopping:
1. SBI Simply Click: The SBI Simply Click is a great credit card for online purchases. Here are some of the benefits of using this card:
a) Get a welcome gift voucher of Rs. 500 from Amazon.
b) Earn 10X reward points on online spends with exclusive partners (Amazon Cleartrip/Foodpanda, BookMyShow, Lenskart, Ola Money).
c) Earn 1 reward point for every Rs. 100 spend online.
d) Get e-gift vouchers worth Rs. 2000 each on Rs. 1 lakh and Rs. 2 lakh annual online spends.
e) Earn 2.5% fuel surcharge waiver for each transaction between Rs.500 & Rs.3000.
2. ICICI Bank RubyX Visa Card: This is one of the best credit cards offered by ICICI Bank Credit Card for shopping and dining purposes. Here are the salient features of this credit card:
a) Earn welcome vouchers on shopping and travel worth Rs. 5000.
b) Earn 2X reward points on all international transactions.
c) Minimum 15% savings on dining bills at over 2,500+ restaurants in India through Culinary Treats Programme.
d) Earn 2 complimentary movie tickets every month through Bookmyshow on first come first serve basis.
3. Axis Bank My Zone Card: There is no annual fee on My Zone Card offered by Axis Bank. However, the bank charges a second-year renewal fee of Rs. 500 on your card. Here are the benefits of using this card:
- You can earn 100 points on the first online transaction.
- 5x points on weekend shopping, available only on the selected category of merchants.
- 10x points on weekend dining.
- For every Rs. 200 spent get 4-40 points through credit card.
- Avail 25% cashback on purchase of movie tickets on your card.
4. HDFC Solitaire Credit Card: This credit card is designed exclusively for women. This card offers very good rewards and payback options which you should definitely not miss. Here are some of the benefits of using this card:
- Earn Rs. 1000 shopping vouchers on Rs. 75,000 spends every 6 months.
- Earn 3 reward points for every Rs. 150 spent on the card.
- Get shopping vouchers of total worth Rs. 2,000 every year.
- 50% more reward points on dining and grocery spend.
- Get fuel surcharge waiver worth Rs. 250 per billing cycle.
5. Citibank Rewards Card: As the name suggests, this card is truly a reward card. It has numerous benefits especially for online shopping and the most interesting part is that the reward points don’t expire.
- Get 10X reward points on spend on different merchants like Myntra, Flipkart, Westside, Goibibo, Adidas, Yatra and many more.
- 10 reward points for every Rs. 125 spent on the card.
- Get 1500 bonus points on your first spend made within 30 days of card issue.
- You can redeem your reward points at more than 700 outlets and e-shopping partners.
- The annual fee will be waived off if annual spend is more than Rs 30,000.
So, if you want to save more and earn huge benefits, you can choose from the above-mentioned credit cards. These cards come with great reward points and cash back on shopping, movie outings, and dining.